This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing help to install Kubuntu 9.10 on a friend's old laptop

I am having trouble replacing XP Pro with Kubuntu 9.10 on my friend's Toshiba Satellite Pro M15-S405 (stock hardware). Upon booting up, I selected booting from the CD but the system always booted up into XP Pro > Any idea is greatly appreciative.

Re: Needing help to install Kubuntu 9.10 on a friend's old laptop

Have had the same issues possible failing drive. Put some burnt media in it see if it reads (burnt from another drive) try different media in it too to see if it reads. If that's all good make a XP boot disk see if it gets read. If so you have a bad burn of Kubuntu.

Comment

I no this is obvious but make sure u have it set to boot from cd first because a mate of mine had it set when he done it but when i checked it it wasn't cd was second

Comment

Built-in CD/DVD drive reads Kubuntu CD fine. Just wouldn't boot into it. After a few more tweaking I think I might have a bad downloaded version of Kubuntu or non-bootable one. Here I go tweak some more.

Comment

it would sound as though you'v burned the ISO as a data disk ......witch will get you no ware as far as booting it goes.

it neads to be burned as a disk image or iso image to work

VINNY

EDDIT: and at the slowest speed posable

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Found the culprit. It was burnt as a data disc Got an iso image. Installation is successful EXCEPT can't get the darn WiFi to connect

Comment

Working...
            X