This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless

I really new with Kubuntu just changed over from Ubunt trying out Kubuntu 9.10 and so fare I really Like it. But the only thing I am having trouble with is getting my wireless working. I know the driver is working correctly. It just keeps asking me for a password. Thanks in advance.

Re: Wireless

Maybe this:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...2652#msg202652

and #8 in the FAQs in my signature will help.

Comment

thanks dibl i really appreciate it. it worked well

Comment

Here's a twist to the original post that I've been encountering:

I'm running Kubuntu 9.10 on my toshiba satellite a40 laptop.
        It's working great, wireless is working great too - right out of the box.

The problem I'm having is navigating between directories on another computer on my home network.

When I click on some directories to view the contents, it displays just fine (and quick) - but for other directories, I'll get a pop-up window that asks for a username and password...

All my home networked computers (there's 4) all run windows XP, and all have file and printer sharing turned on - so there's normally no problem jumping from directory to directory on any given computer on the network - except since I put Kubuntu on my laptop.

Any idea why it would ask me for a username and password for some directories and not others? (or what username and password that would be - as I've never set it up that way)

I should also mention that sometimes if I just click "ok" without entering a username or password it proceeds to display the directory contents, other times it does not.

Hope that makes sense,
        thanks
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X