This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Amarok-no sound :(

I seem to be having problems with AmaroK playing mp3 and other audio files. The bar moves as if the track is being played but no sound can be heard. I checked the volume, it's 100% on, other sounds play i get system sound and video sound with VLC, youtube runs with sound :\. it's just amarok.

I thought it was pulse audio problem (as it usually is) but pulseaudio isn't on my system. amaroc is using phonon xine backend...so. My HDA NVIDIA HDMI built in sound card is recognised and fully functional otherwise.

Is this a codec problem? I have the restricted extras installed so :\ mp3 shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

XP btw was Pulseaudio finally removed from kubuntu? (yaaay!)

EDIT: oh man it IS amarok only! plz help...this IS AmaroK we r talking about here ...my fave player...ijust gotta fix it.

Re: Amarok-no sound

I had this happen a couple of times. I just closed Amarok and restarted it.

Mike
    http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

One day, after spending (for the umpteenth time) some hours first getting Amarok to play anything, and then watching Amarok attempt to index my 200GB / 95,000 files of music, including audacity data files that are not actually music, I decided to end the misery. I play my music files with alsaplayer now. :P

Comment

sudo apt-get install xine-ui
        fixed the problem for me

O.e or it was the rebot...either way it works well now.

^^ it's still very feature rich KDE player, i prefer it over the rest. For vids i just use VLC and remove all other players...dough Kaffeine was good.

Comment

Re: Video player. I have been content using dragonplayer. Since it uses phonon properly I am able to use my headphones (USB Logitech). VLC still sends it to the speakers.

Mike
          http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

I removed dragon player because it would not play the files i wanted it to play :P VLC just works, i'll eventually get kaffeine back as i like it, just needs time as far as i know it'sin development atm.

Comment

Working...
            X