This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound

I just done a full install of kubuntu 9.10 64bit on my acer extensa 5420 and for some reason I have no sound from any thing but when i go to sound settings and test my sound it works can someone help me please

Re: sound

00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
    Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Device 0124
    Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
    Memory at f0700000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: <access denied>
    Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
    Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

Thats the sound card and kmix wont open for me

Comment

Capabilities: <access denied> <--- I'm new to this but that sort of tells me at least that acess to the sound card's full functions is denied (must be the laptop thing). U probably don't have the right drivers for it. Go into Hardware Drivers and see if a proprietary driver for the card is available (it should pop up there to be activated).

If there is no such thing then if u can get into the sound options and check if some options like the "master front" and others might be pulled down to minimum sound (meaning muted) or if they r muted. Unmute and pull them up to max. (this is the case most of the times when new install)

If that still isn't the case (this will probably work and let u access your card fully) try this:

1.open terminal (Konsole)

2. type: sudo edit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base (press enter, write your pasword for sudo when asked and enter).

3. Add this: "options snd-hda-intel model=laptop" without the quotes at the bottom then save file

4.reboot/restart the system

^^ if it does not work, report back here :P we'll try removing pulseaudio and letting ALSA handle it.

Comment

i got it sorted now I need to now if I can get the built in webcam working

Comment

Here's a link https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Webcam don't worry if it's ubuntu kubuntu is Ubuntu and stuff thee is copy paste into the terminal. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X