X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Kubuntu 9.10 + KDevelop

Hi!
    I installed KDevelop on my Kubuntu 9.10, but I can't create KDE projects (only 'Qt' and 'No GUI' are available). How can I access the others?

Re: Kubuntu 9.10 + KDevelop

not real shure but this would be a good place to start looking.............mabey the tutoreal tab
    http://www.kdevelop.org/

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

What kind of software are you wanting to write using KDevelop?

You can install QtCreator, which includes Qt4, Qt-Linquist (i18n), Qt-Assistant (docs) and the Qt4-Designer, which is used to create GUI for Qt based apps. I've been using Qt4 since its release and it is an AWESOME tool kit. Before I retired I used MSVS C++ 6.0 with Qt integration and Qt4 to write in-house apps. QtCreator has every bit the development power and ease of use, if not more so, than MSVSC++ 6.0.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

In fact, I want to learn C++. I used to use C#, but I don't like mono in linux, so I want to try C++. I'll look at QtCreator, thanks!
        EDIT: I downloaded QtCreator and it's great! Thanks for the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by krisi1992
          In fact, I want to learn C++. I used to use C#, but I don't like mono in linux, so I want to try C++. I'll look at QtCreator, thanks!
          EDIT: I downloaded QtCreator and it's great! Thanks for the idea!
          Always glad to help! And I agree 100% with your feelings about MONO in Linux. It is INSANE to make the Linux desktop dependent on Microsoft's .NET API. What ever controls the Linux desktop API controls Linux.

BTW, don't forget to install gdb. QtCreator includes graphical debugging if gdb is installed!

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X