This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lag typing problem.?(solved)

Hi when i type i got to wait like 2 seconds to see if i wrote it right all the time and its a kiler cause its like laging problem and i can see it when i go backspace it wont until 2 seconds later or wont listen at all its nuts plz help me........in windows this doesnt happen to me i got 2 gigs of ram so is not going slow at al just the keyboard and its not that the keyboard is broken so plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Lag typing problem.

Whatever the issue is, someone will soner or later need more information about your keyboard and your installation. What version of Kubuntu are you using, what type of keyboard do you have (please tell at least if it's USB/PS2 and whether it is wireless or not).

Check your keyboard settings to see if the right keyboard lay-out is selected.
    If you have a wireless keyboard, try to switch it for a wired to test. If it makes a difference, you might just be facing empty batteries.
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

K -> System settings -> Accessibility

Check to see that sticky keys and slow keys are not enabled

Comment

Well its a laptop and my kubuntu is 9.0.4 with USA LAYOUT, thats all, a
        Originally posted by skunk
        K -> System settings -> Accessibility

Check to see that sticky keys and slow keys are not enabled
        Might be that the problem ill check it out thanks dude

Comment

Yeah dude it was that the sticky keys and bounce keys...**** thanks a lot wouldn figured out with out ya

Comment

Re: Lag typing problem.?(solved)

Sticky keys are turned on if you hold the shift key down for about 8-10 seconds.

You can turn this feature off under system settings-accessibility-activation gestures.
            uncheck use gestures for activating sticky keys

Comment

Working...
            X