Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT!!NO SOUND ON FIREFOX!!!HELP!(solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: URGENT!!NO SOUND ON FIREFOX!!!HELP!

If I remember correctly - my memory is a little fuzzy on what I did to fix the issue - I removed some pulseaudio packages and added them back again. It was a lot easier in the 9.10 release candidate I started testing last week. I installed flashplugin-nonfree and started Firefox.
    linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

ok i already installed the non-freesound-extrasound or whatever and still got no sound lol....kmix seems alright...and i got sound on everything else except that...

Comment

Did you also try flashplugin-installer?

I've started thinking that my sound problem was the same (i.e. no sound firefox, but sound in Amarok instead of both no sound). That might mean that some repair work on ALSA/Pulseaudio/Phonon could do the trick, despite my earlier statement that it should not.

If you have a standard Kubuntu installation, you are now using Phonon. I think eventually I installed pulseaudio and selected it in System settings. If that does not work straight away, your problem might be that pulseaudio has not started, see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1055591

Alternatively, you could try if everything is working for you on 9.10 (you can burn a LiveCD; if you upgrade, remember always to backup your data and preferrably wait some days to check whether many people have problems after updating).
        Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

well i just got upgraded to 9.10 cause i thought that upgrading might solve the problem.... i was so wrong... cause now i dont even got sound in amarok or the computer wont make any sound at all...so plz help im lost...anyway...thats another topic i just posted also but i still got no solved answer....help.!

Comment

A trick I try that works on occasion is delete the hidden sound folders in your home directory. You might find folders named .alsa or .pulse. Delete them and reboot, it might help. In the past I have purged the sound packages and re-installed them after sound problems surfaced. That usually works for me unless the issue is driver related.

There is also a comprehensive Multimedia How-to at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683
            linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

This is likely a pulseaudio configuration problem. See:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...2643#msg202643

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Nah tryed everything and read the tut about the 5 steps of audio but got nothing to do with this troubleshooting error i got...and i already also read the pulse audio device but the thing is that my devide is hda intel audio cause when i go to pulse audio an try says falling back to hda intel cause pulse audio is not working....so...im still in the same..im sure is the ****ing driver cause before it worked...and now it broke the audio...how can i fall back?? into the older audio device? cause i got 9.10 and the drivers of audio for 9.04 worked perfect 4 me...what should i do? XD

Comment

To find out if your driver is loaded:
                  Code:
                  cat /proc/asound/modules
                  To find out if pulseaudio is loaded:
                  Code:
                  ps aux | grep pulseaudio
                  If pulseaudio is not loaded, try starting it from a konsole, and see if it gives you errors:
                  Code:
                  pulseaudio --start
                  We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by doctordruidphd

To find out if your driver is loaded:
                    Code:
                    cat /proc/asound/modules
                    To find out if pulseaudio is loaded:
                    Code:
                    ps aux | grep pulseaudio
                    If pulseaudio is not loaded, try starting it from a konsole, and see if it gives you errors:
                    Code:
                    pulseaudio --start
                    Ok i did what u told me and i didnt got pulseaudio installed so i installed it and preferred it but still got no sound...(at least it doesnt fall back now when i test it XD) this is what i got in konsole for the commands u gave me :

kira@Kiraitachi:~$ cat /proc/asound/modules
                    0 snd_hda_intel
                    kira@Kiraitachi:~$ ps aux | grep pulseaudio
                    kira 2499 0.4 0.2 94924 4312 ? Ssl 23:05 0:00 pulseaudio --start
                    kira 2549 0.0 0.0 3036 792 pts/1 S+ 23:09 0:00 grep pulseaudio
                    i already started pulseaudio by the way still got nothing...

Comment

OK, looks like your sound card driver is loaded, and you have PA up and running.
                      Start the application pavucontrol.

In the Configuration tab, see if your sound device is listed. If so, in the drop box under it, select what type of audio you are using. On my system, I selected 'Analog Stereo Duplex".

In the Output Devices tab, you need to tell PA where to send the audio -- headphones, or whatever. In my setups, it's "Analog Output".

Now, with pavucontrol still open, open KMix. Make sure you have a channel for PCM -- you may have to add this from settings > configure channels. The PCM channel has a blue squiggly line at the top. Make sure it is not muted, and set for full volume.

Back pavucontrol, now select the Playback tab. Start whatever application you are using to play sound. A cahnnel should appear in pavucontrol for that application. If you don't see it, make sure the Show box at the lower right says All Streams. Depending on the application, you may have to set it to use pulseaudio.

Start playing some music. You should see the channel in Playback, and there should be an indication on the volume meter. You may need to tell the application, in the Playback tab, to send its audio to the device you set up in the Output Devices tab.

See how this goes; if it doesn't work, let us know which step isn't working.

Comment

Ok dude it was the speaker option of kmix was turned of i just found it and now its working a lot thanks to everyone kubuntu rocks!!!! thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Telengard
                          To get sound in Flash I think I had to increase the PCM volume in KMix. Try that and see if it helps.
                          Originally posted by doctordruidphd
                          The PCM channel has a blue squiggly line at the top. Make sure it is not muted, and set for full volume.
                          Originally posted by kiraitachi
                          Ok dude it was the speaker option of kmix was turned of i just found it and now its working a lot thanks to everyone kubuntu rocks!!!! thanks!!!

Welcome newbies!
                          Verify the ISO
                          Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...
                          X