Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT!!NO SOUND ON FIREFOX!!!HELP!(solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT!!NO SOUND ON FIREFOX!!!HELP!(solved)

PLz help im going to be crazy already like everything on kubuntu goes awesome...but...i got no sound on firefox for youtube..i can see the video but no sound!!! and the sound driver goes awesomely well...cause i can hear music on amork...so plz help..XD

Re: URGENT!!NO SOUND ON FIREFOX!!!HELP!

To get sound in Flash I think I had to increase the PCM volume in KMix. Try that and see if it helps.

By the way, writing in all-caps is not the best way to draw attention to your post. Your help request is no more important than anyone else's.
    Welcome newbies!
    Verify the ISO
    Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Please list the output of the following command:

Code:
       uname -r
      Also please tell us how you installed Flash and what version.

Comment

Originally posted by Telengard
        To get sound in Flash I think I had to increase the PCM volume in KMix. Try that and see if it helps.

By the way, writing in all-caps is not the best way to draw attention to your post. Your help request is no more important than anyone else's.
        Of course it is. It's marked URGENT.

Just how urgent could "no sound on Firefox" really be?

Comment

common guys u know what i mean by urgent, it sucks when u got a prob on ur cpu or at least for me and eveything goes perfect but that, and even more if your new to kubuntu either way i said its urgent but its u guys who choose to help me or not so urgent means nothing if u dont want to help i just was explaining how sick of that error i am cause i tryed everything even with codecs!!! XD well thanks 4 the help anyway thats all...

Comment

Take a look here

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3104935.0

Do you have the flash plugin nonfree package installed?

Comment

yeah i do lol

Comment

OK its seems i need to install alsa oss and when i try to instal with ./configure it says configure not found? ?] ? help! i got the esential packets so what might be?

Comment

Look for a file in the same directory named autogen.sh. Execute it then run ./configure.
                  linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

Can you play sounds correctly with Amarok? If not, then I might have encountered the same issue. IIRC, eventually I couldn't get it fixed otherwise then just installing pulseaudio and assuring that the audio section in System Settings defined to use pulseaudio...
                    (if you can play sounds with Amarok, you are facing some other issue!)

Please notice that after certain upgrades, the settings in Kmix for PCM might be altered (PCM is completely turned down).
                    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

yeah i can play sound with amarok its just that i cant play sound on videos of youtube its the ****ing flash player..i read that downloading mzilla-plugin or something like that fixes it but i cant find it, and also the alsa oss but dont know how..

Comment

Originally posted by ukchucktown
                        Look for a file in the same directory named autogen.sh. Execute it then run ./configure.
                        Wich directory?

Comment

before you go on with ALSA, I doubt if you are going to solve your problem with it...

You might try to install flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound
                          Or try to install the package flashplugin-installer (I think it is in multiverse repository); this will download the Adobe flash player.

Make sure that in KMIX the volumes are OK. If it still doesn't work, try if you can select other audio devices in System Settings.
                          Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

I don't think you need to recompile alsa either. I had the exact same problem under Jaunty, system sounds and Amarok worked, sound in Flash did not. What version of Kubuntu are you using? It's difficult to assist you without some information about your system. Be patient, it does work. The "No Sound" rant is expressed often. It's a very common problem. Annoying for sure but not a showstopper.
                            linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

Thanks guys its just killing me....okay my kubuntu is 9.0.4 its a laptop dell vostro 1500 emm...what more...i got the flash player installed not the extrasound i might try that, and il leave the alsa i u guys says so.-. .... LOL thanks for the support by the way, ill check kmix also but i dont think thats gonna be the prob

Comment

Working...
                              X