Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shortcut keys to move between multiple desktops?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shortcut keys to move between multiple desktops?

i'm trying kubuntu from ubuntu, and i was wondering if there was a shortcut key or a way to edit a shortcut key to move between the multiple desktops
    thanks!

Re: shortcut keys to move between multiple desktops?

Ctrl-F1, Ctrl-F2, etc.

I absolutely love that feature! It would be a pain for me to not have a lot of desktops and can't imagine how people manage to do much on a computer with only one. I have my habits now and use different desktops for different browsers and other general functions.

Comment

Originally posted by libihero
      i'm trying kubuntu from ubuntu, and i was wondering if there was a shortcut key or a way to edit a shortcut key to move between the multiple desktops
      thanks!
      The default keys are Ctrl+F1 for desktop one, etc...
      You can modify shortcuts (including setting a shortcut key for switch to next/previous desktop etc.) in SystemSettings>Keyboard&Mouse>GlobalShortcuts>Choo se 'Kwin' from kde-component dropdown to edit kwin shortcuts

Comment

in gnome what i had was my horizontal scrolling switch between the desktops. can i get my horizontal scrolling to do the same even when my mouse is on a selected window?

Comment

I don't believe so. This behavior - switching desktops with the scroll wheel - does work if your mouse pointer is on a visible area of the desktop.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X