• Show
Clear All

Re: ok, have kubuntu installed, some questions

Dual boot Vista – The Definitive Guide: http://apcmag.com/dualboot

EDIT
    Added:

Partitioning—how to, Rog131:
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3090704.0
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

ok thanks i'll do that.

well, i must have burned a bad disc or something, after i installed it, it asked me to restart (which is funny, it didn't ask me to do that the first time i did it).

so i restart, and it starts scrolling codes in dos on startup, and i keep seeing the word error, but it keeps on trucking, and eventually starts, and gets to the log on screen (which i didn't see the first time around).

so i guess i didn't install the first time, but ran it from a live disc.

now this time, i know i isntalled it, and it is eventually getting to the login screen (but it scrolls a bunch of stuff in dos on startup, with the word error being frequently involved)

plus it takes a while to boot to where i can even type my name/password, and once it's ready to accept it, i can't type anything. my touchpad works so i can move around my mouse, but when i push keys on my keyboard nothing happens

Comment

You need to burn it at the lowest speed your burner will support, after you have verified the md5 sum of the dowloaded ISO. 4X is best, 8X will work. It has to be perfect (not like music).

Comment

yeah, earlier i did it at 40x... this time i did it at 8x... lowest it would go

my question is, would it still completely install even if i didn't get a perfect burn?

Comment

so do i need to killdisk YET AGAIN and then reinstall YET again lol

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sngehl01
              my question is, would it still completely install even if i didn't get a perfect burn?
              No. Even if it 'looked' like it did, having a bad LiveCD means trouble - period.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ok, so killdisk is in my future with another install? =\

Comment

Working...
                X