This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok doesnt play mp3?(solved)

Hi i got this prob i try to play mp3 files with amarok but when it does no sound comes out and it says to install the new encoders to play mp3 so i say yes download and all that #&%$ and it says automatically packages installed already restart amarok, i do so but nothing happens still doesnt plays the sound!!!! but its not my sound driver cause when kubuntu starts i can hear the startup sound so what should i do? i got the latest kubuntu 9.0.4 help! o and by the way how can i update? is there an option like update

Re: amarok doesnt play mp3?

To update:
    Code:
    start konsole
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Did you install the package kubuntu-restricted-extras?
    You may need to reboot your computer in order for amarok to find the new codecs.

Edit: Does amarok play anything at all (ogg files, etc)? If not, you may be having trouble with pulseaudio. Open pavucontrol and make sure amarok shows up in the Playback tab, and that it not muted, and is playing to the device listed in the Output Devices tab for your sound card.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Re: amarok doesnt play mp3?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
      X