This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some trouble

Hey, i'm new to linux so take it easy on me, thats why i posted in the newbie support i guess, lol.  I know how to install linux(done it in the past, know how to partition and all the general noob stuff.  But i have a problem.  I stick CD in computer, restart computer, boot from CD, then i get
    decompressing linux... done.
    loading kernal.
    _

then it just stops, and dosn't go anywhere from there.  I've read that if you burn the CD at the fastest speed your drive can handle, it can have errors, so i burned another disc at the slowest speed.  I used Alochol 120% to burn it.  After the new burn, i got the memory test and help part of the CD to work, but it still dosn't work or install.   Any guesses as what is wrong

WIndows Xp Media Center 2
    1 gig of ram
    AMD Anthlon 64
    200 GB HD

trying to run Kubuntu 6.06 LTS 64.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Re: Got some trouble

I re-burn it again, this time to a DVD. Now i get this

41.878085 Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:04:07.0
    41.879639 Error while updating region 0000:04:07.0/0 (feb00000 !=fcb00000

Comment

Re: Got some trouble

Did you check the md5 sum of the iso file before you started the burn? Did you then check the md5 sums of all the files on the CD? Please read this Ubuntu Wiki page for info on checking md5 sums.

The other possible problem is that you might have burned the CD and/or the DVD so that what was on the disk was not all the files, but rather one *.iso file. That would be wrong. Take a look at this page for instructions on burning iso's.

Comment

Working...
      X