This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You do not have the necessary privileges to perform this action"

I installed Kubuntu 9.10 and was trying to get the available updates. When trying to install the updates, i get this error. "Failed to update package lists - System Set You do not have thee necessary privileges to perform this action. I am the administrator. I don't have this problem with Ubuntu. Is their a SUDO command I need?

Re: "You do not have the necessary privileges to perform this action"

What method were you using to attempt the upgrade (sudo apt-get, Adept, Synaptic)?

Mike
    http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

I was in the System Settings\Add And Remove Software\Software Updates section.

I did find the command you are referring to (Sudo apt-get upgrade) and it worked.

Thanks

Comment

I was in the System Settings\Add And Remove Software\Software Updates section.
        In order to get into that section you have to pass a page that asks for your password (if you wish to actually add or remove software). Did you supply it? If so, you may have a problem.

Comment

There was an error (maybe still there) where policykit (and/or policykit-kde) was not installed in the alpha's/betas. Maybe you hit that ...

Comment

Has this issue been addressed?

Comment

I've installed synaptic that gets around the problem...

Comment

Working...
              X