This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Resolution

A couple of days ago I installed Kubunu 9.?. Everything was fine until I browsed to a site and found a lot of it off the screen to the right. Then I went to KDE support for another question and it's forum site bled off to the right as well.

Turns out this is a resolution problem as both sites I looked at were set for 1024. Good! So off I went into Display in KDE and found the screen set at 800 x 600, which was the default and it would not go any higher. In Windows and Mandriva getting the 1024X768 on my system was not a problem.

Having read some of the screen resolution problems on Kubuntu Forums, I know that going higher that 800x600 should not be a problem. My question is, how do I get there.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Bill.

Re: Screen Resolution

You need to tell us about your video card. What manufacturer and model?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      You need to tell us about your video card. What manufacturer and model?
      When I ran xrandr it told me that the highest resolution I can get is 800 x 600 of my NVDIA Ge Force 6150 LE card under Kubuntu 9.

However, when I go over to Windows, the resolution is set at 32 bit 1024 x 768 and is working fine.

Bill.

Comment

Okay, so you have an nVidia card and are running Jaunty 9.04 (please verify that). That said and asked, you probably want to obtain and install the EnvyNG script by Alberto Milone.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          Okay, so you have an nVidia card and are running Jaunty 9.04 (please verify that). That said and asked, you probably want to obtain and install the EnvyNG script by Alberto Milone.
          Thank you for your response but I have gone back to Mandriva. It found my proper screen resolution of 1024 x 768 without any trouble. I'm baffled that it this stage of Kubuntu/Ubuntu development could not read my card properly.

Best wishes, Bill.

Comment

Working...
          X