This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Samsung ML-2510 work on Kubuntu

At the present time I am using Mandriva and am thinking of moving to Kubuntu and, I have had a lot of help on that from this forum. What is driving me nuts with my present distribution is that I can't get my Samsung ML-2510 printer working. Folks on the Mandriva forum have suggested solutions but nothing works. If I am going to have the same trouble with Kubuntu, well.....

So are there any ML-2510 users that are happy campers on Kubuntu?

Thank you.

Re: Does Samsung ML-2510 work on Kubuntu

We have one of those here and it worked with 8.04 (.10). Now with 9.04 it still works. I expect the drivers have been updated but with the older Kubuntu the printer would not do draft mode. I'm not sure if it will now because I haven't tried that yet. If you really need to know, I'll do a test later.
    Edit: I just checked and 1200dpi is the default and it won't go below 600dpi.

Comment

Re: Does Samsung ML-2510 work on Kubuntu

Originally posted by Ole Juul
      We have one of those here and it worked with 8.04 (.10). Now with 9.04 it still works. I expect the drivers have been updated but with the older Kubuntu the printer would not do draft mode. I'm not sure if it will now because I haven't tried that yet. If you really need to know, I'll do a test later.
      Edit: I just checked and 1200dpi is the default and it won't go below 600dpi.
      Thank you for your reply. I got hold of a Kubuntu live disk (8.04.2) and ran it. It found the printer, without me touching a thing because it is a live disk, and then went ahead a printed a quick test document I typed in. Ah, well, the joy of Linux... I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
      X