This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installing Kubuntu Over Another Linux Distribution

Thanks for your follow-up, Mountain Man.

As for the quicker boot times, is it this bug (which has been fixed but may not yet be available in 9.10 repos):

Reply #48 (above):
    As for your slow boot times, that's a known bug, it has been fixed, hopefully the fix will be in the updates soon (or now?):
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...b2/+bug/420933
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I haven't ever seen grub2 updated when I run "Mark All Upgrades" in Synaptic, so I'm guessing that fix is still in limbo?

Comment

Yes, I think you are right--the fix is not yet in 9.10 (and may not be until 10.4). See the back-and-forth discussion toward the end of the posts in that bug report. Been a show stopper for some 9.10 dual-boot/multi-disk users. Devs have a fix in PPA right now, though.

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I find it baffling that a bug like this made it into the final release when it was reported during beta.

Comment

I have a feeling you are not the only multi-disk, dual-booter feeling baffled

Comment

Working...
            X