This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Purge Non-Existent File from Trash

It seems that there is a ghost living in my trash. Every time I empty the trash can I get the following message:

The file or folder /home/user/.local/share/Trash/files/file.zip does not exist.
    It seems that the trash is still registering a file or trying to delete a file that doesn't exist anymore. Is there a way to purge this?
    KeyboardShortcuts.org | CouponCodeSwap.com

Re: Purge Non-Existent File from Trash

Open a file manager as root
    kdesudo konqueror

Navigate to
    /home/your_user_name/.local/share/Trash
    open
    info
    delete it
    (you can delete the whole file or its contents or even delete all of the Info folder -- it will all be regenerated)
    You might have a look at the files folder, too -- delete anything there you wish.

I'm not sure you have to be root to do this -- probably not since you own that Trash.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Re: Purge Non-Existent File from Trash

Thanks. That works. Don't need to be root.
      Last edited by undoIT; Jan 25, 2013, 01:49 PM.
      KeyboardShortcuts.org | CouponCodeSwap.com

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Purge Non-Existent File from Trash

This just happened to me on my Jaunty computer. Attempting to empty the trash yields an error message similar to file or folder does not exist. After reading this thread I was able to resolve the problem with the command below.

Code:
        $ rm -v ~/.local/share/Trash/info/*
        I have also been having problems with frequent trash full (or similar error message.) I will be searching for the solution to that one next.

Love this community
        Welcome newbies!
        Verify the ISO
        Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...
        X