X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaffeine problem

Hello,

I have 1 simple question: Where can I select which dvd I want to play. I have 2 dvd drives (one has a twin peaks dvd). I use the other for movies. When I choose "play dvd" he always chooses the twin peaks dvd. How can I tell kaffeine I want to play the other DVD, except from ejecting the twin peaks dvd?

Bwomp

ps: And you all thought I had a problem with playing encrypted dvd's and avi's :-D

Re: Kaffeine problem

Start Kaffeine. Check Settings > xine Engine Parameters > media > Beginner Options > dvd.device
    This setting points to the dvd device to be used. You'll have to identify the drive you want Kaffeine to use and put it in this field.

Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

install libdvdcss (I don't know what is it in *buntu, am using arch)

Comment

For future reference, libdvdcss2 is non-free and only available from the medibuntu repositories.
        Also, I do not want to dissuade you from using kaffiene, but have you tried installing vlc or mplayer? XBMC media center is also a very nice piece of software that can be used to play and organize all kinds of media.
        Rob

Comment

Kaffeine qt3 (0.8.8 )is coool. Kaffeine 10pre2 (qt4) is not ready yet, for example no subtitles.
          When I used Fedora, kaffeine (0.8.8) was my favourite player, I only had kmplayer as a browser plugin. I hate all mplayer guis, if mplayer then be without gui, and that's impossible in suse and *buntu, as the base mplayer package even contains a GUI.
          And it was only kaffeine, which could change my dual audios manually, and if gui media player, then kaffeine is the best (if works) and xine is ok in most of the cases. And it's lightweight

Comment

Working...
          X