This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dependency Problems with my Kubuntu

I am running kubuntu (6.06) on my vmware using Windows XP.

Kubuntu didn't come with the normal dependencies, I don't understand why is so popular, you have to install a lot of crap to install other programs.

For example, I am trying to install Superkaramba on my Kubuntu, and when I do the ./configure command comes with the following dependency error:

"checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!"

Even when I run firefox comes with problems (./firefox)
    "X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
    Major opcode: 144
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
    Major opcode: 144
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device"

Then after that comes with an unlimited lines of errors like these:

"(firefox-bin:24727): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable: assertion `gdk_window_is_viewable (src)' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_bits_per_sample: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable: assertion `gdk_window_is_viewable (src)' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_bits_per_sample: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:24727): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed"

And that just a few...
    Firefox runs though...

Any suggestions

Re: Dependency Problems with my Kubuntu

SuperKaramba is available in the repositories, so you can save yourself some trouble by installing using that.

Also, to compile stuff, you need the build-essential package installed. This will install everything you need to install from source. The reason why it isn't included included in a default installation is because Ubuntu/Kubuntu targets regular desktop users who usually don't need to compile things.

Hope that helps.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Superkaramba is not in the package manager if thats what you meant.

Anyway I got rid of that problem using the package manager to install the missing dependencies.

Comment

Superkaramba is in the repositories. It's in the universe repository.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
        X