This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash drive question

Ok so i just did the full kubuntu install on my comp and i need to get the drivers for my wireless internet off a flash drive but i can't find the flash drive to open and install the drivers. where do i find it?

Re: Flash drive question

In Jaunty, after plug in a flash drive, you should see the new window (it is a widget) in the right bottom corner of the desktop. There should be an icon of your flash drive in it. Then, when you open Dolphin there will be the same flash drive line in the left panel.
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Ok i found that turns out i was bein dumb i just had it plugged into a port that doesnt work (whoda thunk it) but now that i found it it's askin what i want to open my drivers with and i cant figure out which program to use. . . . it's the drivers for my wireless called setupSNK.exe any hints on what to use to execute it?

Comment

and thank you josefko

Comment

I think, your Windows driver EXE will not work in Linux. But maybe you do not need any driver at all. I would recommend to install instead of default network manager the package wicd. You will find it in package manager Synaptic. Do not use default package manager for installing wicd, but you can use it for installing Synaptic if you do not have it installed yet. During installation of wicd do not be afraid if Synaptic offers you removing knetworkmanager, it is necessary.
          Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

If you have to use Windows drivers to get your wireless device to run, then you need to use ndsiwrapper. Search the forum on ndsiwrapper - you'll find lots of hits.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X