X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't see install screen after pressing Install Kubuntu with ATI HD3650

Greetings!

I would like to install Kubuntu but I have a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3650 vga. (AGP)
    Now I can boot from my dvd , I press Install Kubuntu, I can see a loading scrren (like windows have) then blank screen with some red lines at the top of the screen.
    (so I can't install it)

I pressed ctrl+alt+F1 and it said Loading, please wait. I had been waiting for about 40 minutes then I turned off my computer.

Is there any way to see the graphical install screen not the console ? Or any solution to this problem? I have been searching for hours but I can't do anything with it.

Thanks for your time and attention,
    Jack Jagger

Can't see install screen after pressing Install Kubuntu with ATI HD3650

Greetings!

I would like to install Kubuntu but I have a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3650 vga. (AGP)
    Now I can boot from my dvd , I press Install Kubuntu, I can see a loading scrren (like windows have) then blank screen with some red lines at the top of the screen.
    (so I can't install it)

I pressed ctrl+alt+F1 and it said Loading, please wait. I had been waiting for about 40 minutes then I turned off my computer.

Is there any way to see the graphical inst ...

Comment

Re: Can't see install screen after pressing Install Kubuntu with ATI HD3650

I haven't seen a recent Kubuntu DVD, but when you first boot it, is there a text menu? If yes, then at the bottom of the screen there is a "F" key that you can press to choose "Safe Graphics" mode - maybe F4, IIRC. Press that, and see if it puts up a GUI for you.

Comment

Re: Can't see install screen after pressing Install Kubuntu with ATI HD3650

Thank you. It works.

Comment

Working...
        X