X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theme install on ppc 6.06 final

hi there.....

I need to know how to run a script to install a theme.

here are the 3 scrip to install:
    1 icons-install-kde.sh
    2 style-install.sh
    3 theme-install-kde.sh

this is the installation instruction inside the folder!
    - Installation instructions -

Run the scripts :

icons-install-kde.sh
    style-install.sh
    theme-install-kde.sh

un Control Center and select Look'n'Feel.
    Select Theme Manager and then kde_xp in the theme list. Click on Apply.
    Select Window Decoration and then IceWM in the list.
    Select the Configure tab and then kde_xp in the list. Click on Apply.
    Select Style and then kde_xp in the theme list. Click on Apply.

i tried in kate terminal of icons-install-kde.sh: ./icons-install-kde.sh

i tried in kate terminal of style-install.sh: ./style-install.sh

i tried in kate terminal of theme-install-kde.sh: ./theme-install-kde.sh

that does no work....

any help

Re: theme install on ppc 6.06 final

Try adding sh before the ./ part, so it would be:

sh ./iconcs-install-kde.sh

Comment

Originally posted by OuchOfDeath
      Try adding sh before the ./ part, so it would be:

sh ./iconcs-install-kde.sh

nope dont work.

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't know about kate terminal. I start a terminal by clicking on the K button on the left end of the panel and then on System (not Sysetem Settings), then on konsole. That will start a Command Line Interface. You will see a prompt that looks something like bigbadben@yourmachine:~$ Run this command first:"cd wherever/you/downloaded the shell scripts/" If they are on your desktop that might be "cd ~/Desktop/ then run these commands
        Code:
        . ./icons-installkde.sh  <--- that's <dot><space><dot><slash>icons etc
        . ./style-install.sh
        . ./theme-install-kde.sh
        Your problem was that you didn't navigate to the directory where you downloaded the files. That's what the cd command does. Then you have to execute the .sh files. You do that with '.' command (lot's of dots), but Linux doesn't look for commands in that directory, so you have to tell it where the command the command is that's the "./" part. Then the commands will install the icons, the style, and the theme to KDE.

I hope you are not offended that I moved this thread to the Help the New Guy forum. It really has nothing to do with the fact that your box has a PPC chip.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
          I'm sorry, I don't know about kate terminal.  I start a terminal by clicking on the K button on the left end of the panel and then on System (not Sysetem Settings), then on konsole.  That will start a Command Line Interface.  You will see a prompt that looks something like bigbadben@yourmachine:~$  Run this command first:"cd wherever/you/downloaded the shell scripts/"  If they are on your desktop that might be "cd ~/Desktop/ then run these commands
          Code:
          . ./icons-installkde.sh    <--- that's <dot><space><dot><slash>icons etc
          . ./style-install.sh
          . ./theme-install-kde.sh
          Your problem was that you didn't navigate to the directory where you downloaded the files.  That's what the cd command does.  Then you have to execute the .sh files.  You do that with '.' command (lot's of dots), but Linux doesn't look for commands in that directory, so you have to tell it where the command the command is that's the "./" part.  Then the commands will install the icons, the style, and the theme to KDE.

I hope you are not offended that I moved this thread to the Help the New Guy forum.  It really has nothing to do with the fact that your box has a PPC chip.
          N/P.....

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X