This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master&&PCM

So, technically, to increase/decrease sound i have to move the PCM slider. But to turn it off/on, i have to trigger the Master switch. This all is kinda dumb cause i want a same trigger/slider for both. Can this be done?
    <br />Have YOU signed the Ubuntu code of Conduct? I did it at 10 AUG, 2009!

Re: Master&amp;&amp;PCM

Originally posted by 13thSlayer

But to turn it off/on, i have to trigger the Master switch.
    I don't understand "turning off and on" -- you mean you want an ability to totally disable audio? Why? You have a mute button, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      Originally posted by 13thSlayer

But to turn it off/on, i have to trigger the Master switch.
      I don't understand "turning off and on" -- you mean you want an ability to totally disable audio? Why? You have a mute button, right?
      I have "mute" on Master and the volume slider on PCM. It's kinda weird.

Comment

so what happens when you change the volume keys to control 'master'? (there are settings for this in system Settings)

mm0
        Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Originally posted by muzicman0
          so what happens when you change the volume keys to control 'master'? (there are settings for this in system Settings)

mm0
          It stops working.

Comment

Did you try changing the main channel to master in the volume trayicon(rigth clik menu)? Thats what i did, sems to work. Then just adust PCM to a safe defaul.

Comment

Originally posted by dagi
              Did you try changing the main channel to master in the volume trayicon(rigth clik menu)? Thats what i did, sems to work. Then just adust PCM to a safe defaul.
              Yes, i have PCM as KMix's tray channel.

Comment

Strange problem, you could always sett the hotkeys to master ore PCM fore anny action. Not a propper fix but would do. I use master as main chanel in kmix.....

Comment

Working...
                X