This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video output

I can't get s-video and before you abandon me like everyone else who posed the question please post either you don't know or any possible advice!!! i have an Acer Extensa 5620Z

Re: please i searched the entire forum

Please be more specific in your 'plea' for help. When you say 's-video' do you mean you are attempting to connect your PC to a video device via it's (the video device's) s-video jack? What version of Kubuntu are you running?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

See ATI S-Video on Ubuntu 9.04 WORKING !!! which might provide you with insight into getting this resolved.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        Please be more specific in your 'plea' for help. When you say 's-video' do you mean you are attempting to connect your PC to a video device via it's (the video device's) s-video jack? What version of Kubuntu are you running?
        jaunty and yes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          See ATI S-Video on Ubuntu 9.04 WORKING !!! which might provide you with insight into getting this resolved.
          Results:
          Code:
          eaterjolly@eaterjolly-laptop:~$ xrandr --output S-video --set load_detection 1
          X Error of failed request: 164
           Major opcode of failed request: 150 (RANDR)
           Minor opcode of failed request: 15 ()
           Serial number of failed request: 26
           Current serial number in output stream: 26
          eaterjolly@eaterjolly-laptop:~$ xrandr --output S-video --set tv_standard ntsc
          X Error of failed request: 164
           Major opcode of failed request: 150 (RANDR)
           Minor opcode of failed request: 15 ()
           Serial number of failed request: 26
           Current serial number in output stream: 26
          eaterjolly@eaterjolly-laptop:~$ xrandr --addmode S-video 800x600
          xrandr: cannot find output "S-video"
          eaterjolly@eaterjolly-laptop:~$ xrandr --output S-video --same-as VGA-0
          eaterjolly@eaterjolly-laptop:~$ xrandr --output S-video --same-as VGA-0
          eaterjolly@eaterjolly-laptop:~$ xrandr --output S-video --mode 800x600
          failed

Comment

This has got to be a wind up eaterjolly. You cannot seriously expect any help with the kind of information you are giving us here Anyway, Snowhog kindly pointed you to a thread where this sort of thing is being discussed, so I would suggest you pose your questions there.

A word of advice: give more info, be polite and forthcoming and do not expect people to hold your hand and do everything for you.

Best of luck.
            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
              This has got to be a wind up eaterjolly. You cannot seriously expect any help with the kind of information you are giving us here Anyway, Snowhog kindly pointed you to a thread where this sort of thing is being discussed, so I would suggest you pose your questions there.

A word of advice: give more info, be polite and forthcoming and do not expect people to hold your hand and do everything for you.

Best of luck.
              Ok the exact model of my computer is acer extensa 5620z

Comment

Best of luck.
                ps i use jaunty

Comment

Best of luck.
                  other ppl posted that problem on that forum so far no help

Comment

I'll let you do your own lookup, but the video chip would be the important part. After you found that perhaps do a net search on "yourchipset" "s-video" and "jaunty", or some combination thereof. Some information on what you have tried so far would also be relevant.

As you have already seen, nobody is coming forth who has the exact answer. The title of your plea would not be helpful in catching that person's attention because it mentions nothing even remotely related to your problem. Can the laptop maker help you? - they ought to know. I can't help you specifically but just wanted to give you a couple of pointers. I do hope you find a solution soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Juul
                      I'll let you do your own lookup, but the video chip would be the important part. After you found that perhaps do a net search on "yourchipset" "s-video" and "jaunty", or some combination thereof. Some information on what you have tried so far would also be relevant.

As you have already seen, nobody is coming forth who has the exact answer. The title of your plea would not be helpful in catching that person's attention because it mentions nothing even remotely related to your problem. Can the laptop maker help you? - they ought to know. I can't help you specifically but just wanted to give you a couple of pointers. I do hope you find a solution soon.
                      Video:
                      # Graphics Processor / Vendor Intel GMA X3100 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0

Comment

Re: video output

Some reading matter for you here.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Intel_...elerator_X3100

You will note the link to

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/178910

This contains information on the subject and suggests it has been fixed. Presumably not in your case.

You might also think about moving to newer drivers as the intel graphics in Jaunty (and almost every other contemporaneous distro) are a bit of a problem. It might help to take a look here

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1130582

One final observation is that we are only just over a month away from a new version of kubuntu. It might be worth your while downloading a Karmic live CD and checking whether that works. If it does, question whether it will be sensible to wait until the new version is out to get a fix for this.

Comment

Working...
                        X