Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to see the programs and how firefox could open the files from the down windo

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how to see the programs and how firefox could open the files from the down windo

Originally posted by electropc
    2) i have looked in the bin folder and for example i have not found the firefox.
    so where is it

You can find the location of any binary(s) by opening a Konsole and, if you know the binary's name, issuing:

whereis nameofbinary

jerry@SonyK910:~$ whereis firefox
    firefox: /usr/bin/firefox /usr/lib/firefox /usr/lib64/firefox /usr/share/firefox
    jerry@SonyK910:~$

If it is not a binary, or you are not sure of its correct spelling then the command to use in Konsole is:

locate firefox | less
    In that case a pipe (|) and "less" is used because you may open a firehose of information and you want to pipe it to the less command so you can navigate back and forth through the list using the up/down arrows and/or the pagup pagdwn keys

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: how to see the programs and how firefox could open the files from the down windo

@electropc:The URL http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?action=search works for me (with or without the "2").

Also, if you are using locate command to find programs from the konsole, you should always run the konsole command "updatedb" first.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
        @electropc:The URL http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?action=search works for me (with or without the "2").

Also, if you are using locate command to find programs from the konsole, you should always run the konsole command "updatedb" first.
        ok, but in the advanced search, when i try to search by user or search for it doesnt works... why??

Comment

and one more thing:
          which is the purpose of the gfxmenu file, in the grub editor--options--background

and how to see all drivers installed in my pc, how to see the hardware and their configuration and how i could personalize some of the hardware configurations??

Comment

Originally posted by electropc

ok, but in the advanced search, when i try to search by user or search for it doesnt works... why??
            "Advanced search" using locate? I don't understand what you are asking? Do you mean using replacement characters like this: "locate libmono*."?
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

or you are not anderstanding something or i dont anderstand something

in this forum there is a page from where i can find something by writting somthing in the search box
              the page is:: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?action=search

but below it there is said :: advanced search, when i go there i try to find posts by searching by the user, thaere is a box near to the box :: search for ,

but when i try to search by user i get no results, so i would like to know why it doesn works

that is all

Comment

The hazard of asking multiple questions in a single post, is that sometimes the people trying to help get confused. I think I now know what you're asking in this post
                but below it there is said :: advanced search, when i go there i try to find posts by searching by the user, there is a box near to the box :: search for ,

but when i try to search by user i get no results, so i would like to know why it doesn works
                That is not the way I search for posts by a particular user. I look in the left sidebar for the word "Users". I then click on that word. A member list appears. At the top there is a search box. I type in the member's username e.g. "electropc". I click on search and (after a suitable interval) there are all the posts by that member.

Of course, I could also just click on the member's name (in one of his or her posts) and get the same information, but I'm not sure whether either one (or both) of those techniques is restricted to moderators. Please try them and report your results, so that other people can benefit from your effort.

Comment

That is not the way I search for posts by a particular user. I look in the left sidebar for the word "Users". I then click on that word. A member list appears. At the top there is a search box. I type in the member's username e.g. "electropc". I click on search and (after a suitable interval) there are all the posts by that member.

Of course, I could also just click on the member's name (in one of his or her posts) and get the same information, but I'm not sure whether either one (or both) of those techniques is restricted to moderators. Please try them and report your results, so that other people can benefit from your effort.
                  yes sir it works for us regular joe's to

as long as for the first one you start at the home page.
                  http://www.kubuntuforums.net/index.php
                  click users then find the members name and click it then at the bottom of the profile thars an option for show last posts of this person.................if you type the users name in the
                  seartch box you get posts with the users NAME in them.

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

ok

all you said has worked for me now.
                    but why the way i was doing wasnt working??

if the forum has that option it must work

Comment

Working...
                    X