X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu netbook

Hi,
    I am using Asus EeePc 901 with 2 mb ram and two ssd (4+8)
    I have downloaded the last kubuntu-netbook (not remix karmic) and installed it on usb using netbootin (as always with iso to usb pen).
    I have check md5 and was ok.
    It starts in live mode perfectly and graphic screen. Just when the underline Kubuntu arrives to final, a text screen appears and works until checking battery state (answers OK) it stops.
    Nothing to do! It stops and I need to reboot
    Help
    I also use karmic-netbook-remix and works perfect!

Re: kubuntu netbook

I think the kubuntu netbook interface is still in alpha stage, meaning going through fundamental changes. Are you sure you want to install it at this point? I would strongly suggest waiting at the very least to the RC stage, although my best assumption is that it will only stabilize about a month after Karmic release, that is, 3 months for now or so.

Ok, but if you wanna get it going anyway, I would suggest trying to disconnect the battery and run the installer again just on wall power, see what happens. Another option would be run on battery with no wall power. Seems silly but the initialization path for *buntu is fundamentally different whether you are on battery or not. Another idea would be to try a new daily image in a week or so. The eeepc 901 is mainstream enough that I am sure it will work perfectly out of the box

Comment

After installing the Beta, I'm quite pleased with it. The shutdown and boot is unbelievably fast. The only annoyance is there is no way to pin applications in the Favorites bar. They disappear with every reboot.

Comment

The only annoyance is there is no way to pin applications in the Favorites bar
        Try Lancelot Part instead if it is still there in that version of Kubuntu. It can be in the same place as Favourites, looks better and you won't need to press kickoff button to use favourite applications.
        Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Originally posted by josefko

The only annoyance is there is no way to pin applications in the Favorites bar
          Try Lancelot Part instead if it is still there in that version of Kubuntu. It can be in the same place as Favourites, looks better and you won't need to press kickoff button to use favourite applications.
          Actually there is! Hover over the application icon, you'll see a star on the upper left. Just click in there

What I couldn't find is a way to remove applications from the menu bars, so far.

Comment

Working...
          X