X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with Adept and Aptitude updating

Hi,

I've recently made the switch from windows to kubuntu so I am a bit of a dunce at this at the moment, although I did give ubuntu a shot for a while. I am having a little trouble with Adept or aptitude updates so far. It seems as though neither adept or aptitude is able to connect to the repositories. I've tried a number of different source.list modifications, but when it try to fetch updates headers don't seem to come through (i.e. Adept just remains waiting for header at 0% and Aptitude also remains at 0% and then times out). Can anyone suggest a good guide to upgrade to KDE 3.5.3 as well. Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Issues with Adept and Aptitude updating

Hi,

Are you able to connect to the net ? type something like ping www.google.com

Comment

Yes, connection to the net is fine, Im posting through the net now. Thats why I'm finding it so bizarre. Does anyone know whether connecting through a proxy might not allow it? I have tried without going through a proxy and it still didnt work. Thanks

Comment

Ok, I think the probelm is the proxy as I was reading some posts this morning and found one that suggested this before the aptitude update:

"export http_proxy=http://[username]:[password]@[proxyaddress]:[port]"

This worked great and the updates went fine, so is there anyway to get this happen without having to add it each time? Also can Adept be configured to use this?

Cheers

Comment

To do it automatically you can add this line in your ~/.bashrc
          Or in systemsettings > connection, you should be able to find proxy somewhere and adept should work the same....

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X