X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Receive updates...

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to kubunutu and am still trying to get everything situated to my liking. However, whenever I try to update something such as synaptic or kpackagekit via the terminal it says that 9 upgrades were not carried out. As well, whenever I try to access the upgrade icon in the systray, the window pops up, but nothing appears and I get a message with a heading saying "An internal system error has occurred." I get this same error whenever I try to add new applications through KMenu<Computer<System Settings<Add and Remove Software. What can I do to fix this?

Re: Can't Receive updates...

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3105528.0

and others too.

try
    Code:
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

thanks this helped me get all of the updates but whenever I try to access the add/remove applications list I still get an error saying that an internal system error has occured. So the main problem is still there...

Comment

KPackageKit is still being developed and not as useful as Synaptic.
        "An internal system error has occurred." I get this same error whenever I try to add new applications through KMenu<Computer<System Settings<Add and Remove Software. What can I do to fix this?
        It is probably easier to just use apt and not to use Add and Remove Software (KPackageKit).
        See the many posts on this topic.
        HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

all right i'll just stick with that for now. thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X