This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot remove plasma activity

I have a plasma activity that I cannot remove.

When adding more activities I get the red X that allows me to remove them. However, I have 2 at the moment and only want 1.

This wouldn't be a problem, but I'm running this on a slower machine & I noticed plasma was jumping up my %CPU list with this extra activity.

How can i remove this extra activity?

Re: Cannot remove plasma activity

Are you referring to "widgets?" If you are, right click on the desktop and click on "unlock widgets." You can then move your mouse pointer to the edge of the widget where a shaded black box will extend itself from the side (or top) of the widget. Press the "X" and the widget will no longer be on your desktop. Be sure to "Lock Widgets" when you are done.

Comment

No I mean plasma "activities". As when you zoom out & can view different desktop/folder activities.

Comment

There are two rules to removing activities:
        1. widgets must be unlocked
        2. you can't remove the activity you are currently using, to remove a specific activity, you must first switch to another activity.

Comment

I was having the same problem and all I could find with google was that it was a bug. But your suggestion worked great.

One trick is in knowing that you have to click on the "X", which is NOT intuitive -- like much of plasma.

Thanks a lot.
          'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X