Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: ALSA driver failed after upgrade. Could not recognise Sound Blaster Live 7.1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ALSA driver failed after upgrade. Could not recognise Sound Blaster Live 7.1

Hello ,

I had noticed a quick message flash everytime I restart my pc which is (also attached the screen-shot)
    "NOTIFICATION FROM PHONON: KDE'S MULTIMEDIA LIBRARY"
    The audio playback device Live! 7.1 24bit[SB0410](CA0106) does not work.
    Falling back to CA0106, CA0106 ( Side Speakers).

I have been experiencing this problem from day 1 of Kubuntu9.04 installation that I am getting sound output only in front speakers and never in side or rear speakers. BUt I have got notification of this problem recently via this system message shown above.

Secondly whenever one audio application is running I don't get the audio from the second application which uses audio , for example if I am listening to music on Songbird app and open Skype , the skype sounds are all muted and vice-versa.

Still I never able to solve the problem from where all this started "Unable to get MICROPHONE working" either in any sound recording app and in Skype??

Hope someone would give some guidance and direct to the source to get these problem fixed.
    Attached Files
Working...
X