X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WG111v3 Internet Connection problem

Hey,

I am new to Kubuntu and I am having a problem connecting to Internet using a netgear USB wireless adapter. I recently installed Kubuntu and I succeeded in installing the Netgear WG11v3 driver using ndiswrapper. So far, so good.. I also succeed in getting connected to my ADSL router using a wireless connection via KDE Network Manager. The surprising thing is that, once the connecting established the browser succeeds in getting connected and even begin retrieving info like images, text etc.. but only for few seconds.. The connection to the ADSL router is maintained but without Internet connectivity... The browser keeps giving me an unknown Host error.

I pinged google and got nothing either. Please help!! I've been working on this connection matter since yesterday morning and it's driving me crazy.

P.S.
    I don't have any ethernet connection in my pc, my only window to the world is through the USB adapter!!

Re: WG111v3 Internet Connection problem

It would help to know:

To what are you trying to connect. You mentioned ADSL router. Is the router set up for unencoded, WEP, WPA, WPA2. If WPA is is PSK or AES encryption?

With the router working, what does NM give you? Does it recognize a network at all?
    Does it give you the SSID? Does it ask you for the password (if it needs one)?

One possible solution - try removing NM and installing wicd - there are many posts on this.
    Another solution - can you change the settings on the router and see if that help?
    Another solution - see this post http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...0853#msg190853
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Re: WG111v3 Internet Connection problem

well as I indicated earlier in the post. I succeed in getting connected to my adsl router, it gives me the correct SSID and the NM asks me to provide the WPA PSK key, so I am not sure what to do? My router works fine, I get connected to Internet easily under Windows and Mac X. I'll check some of the solutions provided in the link you've posted and I'll keep updated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X