X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocked updates

Hello,

My Software updates KDE Control Module shows that there are 4 blocked updates. When I do some search, I read that this happens because there are some libraries that those updates depend on, and those libraries are not available yet. It is being said that one should wait couple of days so that the missing libraries catch up and the blocked updates will be unlocked.

So, I have waited already one week, but there is no progress in this. Other posts suggest that one can issue shell commands to fix this:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

OR

sudo aptitude update
    sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

I wonder why someone says one should wait, if nothing really resolves by itself, and there are actually commands that fix this.

Plus, there are references to a bug in KPackagekit that cause this behaviour. Is the fix so complex (or so unimportant, since there are commands that do the fixing), that noone really cares to fix this bug?

Passiday

Re: Blocked updates

i had the same thing and i just went a head and installed them and had no problem

Comment

Same here. Did a "dist-upgrade" and don't seem to have any breakage.
      Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

There is more than one thread with the same topic this day. http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3105528.0
        Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
        X