This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to recover music.

I recently switched from Windows Vista Home Premium to Kubuntu 9.04. Before doing this, I saved all my music onto MP3 cds, hoping to load them back onto my computer after the switch. So far I have not found any music playing software that I am able to recover these discs with. I'm still fairly ignorant as far as Linux goes, so if there is any software for Kubuntu that resembles Windows Media Player, in the sense that I am able to rip cds, and order them in a library, create playlists, etc., it would make my day. All I've figured out so far in any of these programs is that I can find music already on my computer (which obviously there is none).

Also one more thing. I tried installing Frostwire on my computer as well, but when I clicked "download", it downloaded the program without any problems, but I cannot install it for some reason, getting an error message whenever I attempt it.

Re: Trying to recover music.

Ther are many options you can use. MP3 files on cd can be copied to a folder on your hard drive and the you can use Amarok 2 to create playlist.
    Or you can install the older version of Amarok 1..4 to read your CD ' sew this post on howto http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3103718.0

One of the programs to play music cd's is KsCD.
    K3b is a good ripping/burning program. There are ways to set it up to rip to Flac, and Nero MP4 formats.

Ther are posts on thes Forums about this

Comment

Thanks for the advice! After using windows my entire life Kubuntu is a bit more complicated.

Comment

Hold on, did you install the restricted packages? You should be able to play mp3's with no problems!
        https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats

You should be able to put the CD, copy all the mp3's to your hard drive with Dolphin, and then play from there. Linux is really simple to use these days, you'll need to get adjusted to what programs do what.

Comment

Originally posted by jhassing1

Also one more thing. I tried installing Frostwire on my computer as well, but when I clicked "download", it downloaded the program without any problems, but I cannot install it for some reason, getting an error message whenever I attempt it.
          STOP right thare........do NOT try to DL this and that from the internet and install on your box.

onley use your package manager for this untill you get more familear with linux.

do your self a faver and get the synaptic package manager it's beter than the default.

open a terminal and type

Code:
          sudo apt-get update
          sudo apt-get install synaptic
          use synaptic to find and install apps.

look hear to get all the medea stuff you nead.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683

read carfuly first.

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
          X