X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Resolution on Panasonic G10

Hi all,

Last night I finally got round to doing a complete install of 9.04 and have encountered some issues with my tv. During installation the screen went blank and would not recover whilst 9.04 seemingly carried on loading. Eventually I tried a dell monitor and the install was ok and everything worked fine.

I then disconnected the dell and returned the pc input to my panasonic g10 and the display worked correctly. However after rebooting again the screen went blank during the boot process. I think the resolution is changing during the boot process which my tv is not recovering from.

I'm using a Nvidia 9600 gt which works fine in Windows (i'm dual booting).

Any help is much appreciated as 9.04 looks fantastic on my tv and don't want to have to use a monitor.

Thanks in advance...

Re: Screen Resolution on Panasonic G10

OK for anyone with similar problems, I couldn't resolve this.

Tried editing xorg.conf and downloading NVIDIA drivers but no success. I have found a way round the problem though and that was by connecting the graphics card to the PC via HDMI...

I now get the display working but I have an issue with overscan... The desktop is off the display as it appears too large despite being set the the correct resoloution 1920x1080.

Can anyone with similar issues please help. Total newbie here wanting to get to grips with Kubuntu but failing miserably...

edit: OK finally got this sussed, Panasonic TV has 1x1 pixel mapping mode. Now up and running in 1080p and looks very good

Comment

Working...
    X