This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to connect to two cameras.

Cameras are not my field of expertise, at all.

I have two cameras, recently bought.

One is a Canon PowerShot A60, I've tried under Ubuntu and Kubuntu. Ubuntu provided the helpful message "Cannot Mount Canon Powershot A60" (at least it knows what it is...)

The other is a JVC GR-DX28EK.

The first is a camera with limited abilty for videos, the second is a video camera with limited abilty for photos. Neither can connect, I've tried running their software under WINE and a virtualized XP, no luck. I DONT have the software for the JVC

Any help would be most appreicated, I want my holiday snaps!

-Dante

Re: Trying to connect to two cameras.

Canon PowerShot A60

Have a look at http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-340271.html (bit old!). Particularly scroll down to the post by shreepads - which refers to the post before by robinPain

...or does it have a card to put into a card reader?

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

my camera has an option in it's setings to read as camera or drive I set it to read as a drive and it gets mounted just like a USB stick. and all file's acsesabel

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I bought one of these:

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item...derWriter.aspx

and just pop out the sd card from the camera, and upload the files that way.

Comment

Well, the Canon uses a CF disk, my laptop can accept those with an adapter.

It's probably worth noting the Canon came out when Windows 98 was king, does NOT like USB 2.0

Comment

Working...
          X