This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions about panel, flash, eclipse

HEllo, everybody, first of all tnx for the good energy and intelligence, viva el open source!!!

so, I've been using kubuntu for a time now (6 months) in my computers with very good results,
    but there is some things that I really want to fix

1. panel
    my girlfriend removed the panel from one pc, and now, I put a new one but:
    a. The kick off application luncher is not any more a K instead is an arrow pointing left... NOt a big thing but I prefer the K!!!
    b. I cant see the programs that are open, wich application is this?, so I have to use crtl+tab, to change programs

2. flash
    Flash seems to work on konkeror, but not in fire fox, Ive tried every way the community suggest to install it, but not working yet

3. eclipse
    Eclipse is installed in my pc, the latest eclipse (think is not supported by kubuntu yet??), but i need this one cause is the one that works with my avr and other plugins,
    is working and installed, but I need to go to terminal to run it,
    how do i make the eclipse icon work from the development applications?

muchas gracias

Re: questions about panel, flash, eclipse

Flash works for me with firefox
    Packages are flashplugin-installer ,adobe-flashplugin, kubuntu-restricted-extras.

I also suggest you install synaptic package magager

Comment

Originally posted by GilGib
      Flash works for me with firefox
      Packages are flashplugin-installer ,adobe-flashplugin, kubuntu-restricted-extras.

I also suggest you install synaptic package magager
      HEllo,
      I have synaptic already,
      also: flashplugin-nonfree, adobe-flashplugin, kubuntu-restricted-extras
      still need the flashplugin-installer??, is not appearing in synaptic, will try with terminal, hope it works!
      tnx

Comment

It's been awhile I believe I may have installed Flash from Adobe http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

according to this link kubuntu-restricted-extras install flash http://kubuntuguide.org/Jaunty

In firefox my aboutlugins shows
        Shockwave Flash

File name: /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
        Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
        application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf Yes
        application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl Yes

Comment

Originally posted by mako34
          HEllo, everybody, first of all tnx for the good energy and intelligence, viva el open source!!!

so, I've been using kubuntu for a time now (6 months) in my computers with very good results,
          but there is some things that I really want to fix

1. panel
          my girlfriend removed the panel from one pc, and now, I put a new one but:
          a. The kick off application luncher is not any more a K instead is an arrow pointing left... NOt a big thing but I prefer the K!!!
          b. I cant see the programs that are open, wich application is this?, so I have to use crtl+tab, to change programs
          I think when you put a new one back it's prity mutch blank......rite click the panel >panel options>add widgets .......all the things you were used to seeing are widgets!!!

Originally posted by mako34

3. eclipse
          Eclipse is installed in my pc, the latest eclipse (think is not supported by kubuntu yet??), but i need this one cause is the one that works with my avr and other plugins,
          is working and installed, but I need to go to terminal to run it,
          how do i make the eclipse icon work from the development applications?

muchas gracias

you should be abel to rite click the icon and then eather propertys or icon setings (depending on wether it's a desktop icon or not) and click the application tab and then eddit away

(change the work path to point to the ver. you want)

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
          X