X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] open dolphin in current directory

Hi,

I have a stupid problem and maybe also out of topic here...

Due to my habits I often need to open Dolphin from a konsole, I need dolphin to be opened in the current directory.

What I do is to run pwd and then copy and paste the current directory to the command Dolphin:

Code:
    myname@trinity:~$ pwd
    /home/myname/dir1
    myname@trinity:~$ dolphin /home/myname/dir1
    Is there a way to do it avoiding using the mouse? i.e., avoiding the copy&paste operation?

I tried a
    Code:
    pwd | dolphin
    but it does not work...

I know that, under Kubuntu 9.04, it is possible to right click and "open browser here" thath opens the default browser (dolphin) in the current directory, i.e., exactly what I need. I would like, however, to do it without the mouse.

thanks in advance,
    g.
    ---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------

Re: open dolphin in current directory

Here's a couple of ways:

1. from the command line:
    Code:
    dolphin `pwd`
    (the `s are 'backticks' not single quotes, the output of the command between the ticks is inserted into the whole command, effectively starting dolphin in your present working directory)...alternative is
    Code:
    dolphin $(pwd)
    (i'd recommend making an alias for it for quick typing if you use it a lot, something like 'dwd', for example

2. Mouse:
    Right-click on konsole window, choose 'Open Browser Here'

3. Keyboard Shortcut:
    You can create a keyboard shorcut for opening file browser in konsole's settings

EDIT: Ah, you're familiar with #2 already
    EDIT2:
    Code:
     dolphin ./
    should also work (I'd still create a quick to type alias, unless you prefer the keyboard shortcut)

Comment

[SOLVED] Re: open dolphin in current directory

wow. thanks
      g.
      ---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------

Comment

Working...
      X