This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help I broke my linux

I am new to kubuntu so... what i was doing was changing my monitor resolution settings and everything was fine. When i restarted the login screen flashes green then wont load. But it eventually brings up the terminal screen.

how do i change the settings back using the terminal. Plz help I am sure it is an easy fix but I am really green when it comes to linux

Re: I need help I broke my linux

Don't boot into your normal kernel (top of boot list). Boot into Recovery Mode (second on boot list). It has an option (which changes its name from time to time)(you may need to scroll up and down to find it) called something like "Try to recovery xserver". Have a go at that first.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Great thank you i will try it out now

Comment

to be sure i use the kubuntu cd to boot into recovery mode?

Comment

Originally posted by wardance2600
          to be sure i use the kubuntu cd to boot into recovery mode?
          No, just boot from your hard drive...you should see a prompt to press 'ESC' to see the boot menu (it's only shown for a few seconds).

From the menu you can choose to boot into recovery mode.

Comment

What kind of video card are you using, and what sort of resolution did you want to set?

Comment

My card is an ati radeon Thats all i can remember (fglrx) I know the screen you are talking about and it worked it took a little doing but its fixed now thank you all for helping me.

Comment

Working...
              X