This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing driver for Radeon HD 3100

hi i was trying to run a 3d game when i noticed than my video driver was not properly installed, so i downloaded and install from synaptic, catalyst control center, now when i restart my computer, i cant see anything, I'm new at Linux, so i don't know how to fix this, i hope some one here can tell me how to do it, o just point me on the right direction so i can fix it myself, thanks in advance.
    I may not agree on what you are saying, but i would give my life to defend the right you have to say it...

Re: installing driver for Radeon HD 3100

now when i restart my computer, i cant see anything
    Don't boot into your normal kernel (top of boot list). Boot into Recovery Mode (second on boot list). It has an option (which changes its name from time to time)(you may need to scroll up and down to find it) called something like "Try to recovery xserver". Have a go at that first. You might lose 3d, but at least you can see where you are...
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: installing driver for Radeon HD 3100

ok I fix it, i tried the xfix thing on recovery and did not work but i don't remember where i found some one with a similar problem, the only thing i did was running the code (on recovery mode):

Code:
      sudo aticonfig --initial -f
      and that was it, now i can play games... 3D!!!!
      I may not agree on what you are saying, but i would give my life to defend the right you have to say it...

Comment

Working...
      X