This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did my desktop go? (SOLVED)

I managed to close that useful square that takes up about 25% of the desktop screen and now I can't find it again. How can I get it back?
    Also, since I'm here, is there a way I can make the desktop tabs (1, 2, 3, 4) at the bottom of the screen any larger?
    Thanks

Re: Where did my desktop go?

The "useful square" is a widget. So, you right-click the Cashew, you "unlock widgets", then you "add widget" and you want the "Folder View" widget. It should pop onto your screen. Then you need to "lock widgets" again. You may need to set the folder view to whichever folder you prefer -- prolly "Desktop" or your home folder.

I think the desktop indicators (aka "Pager") size is determined by the panel height, which you can adjust, by right-clicking on the panel, "Unlock Widgets" then follow the guidance to increase the panel height. Don't forget to "Lock Widgets" when you are done.

Comment

Re: Where did my desktop go? (SOLVED)

I think the desktop indicators (aka "Pager") size is determined by the panel height
      You can also change the size by giving them only one row to display on.

Inlock widgets as described above and rightclick on the pager and choose pager settings->rows->set to 1->apply.

If they still aren't big enough you will have to use dibles route.
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
      X