This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing a gpg key

How exactly can i import a gpg key in kubuntu, under ubuntu i can save it to a blank random text file and find that via the authentication tab, kubuntus variation of that won't pick up my text file, what filetype do i need to save it as?

Re: importing a gpg key

Hi Liam,

Find KPackageKit under the K-menu down at the bottom-left, open it then click on the Settings icon on the left.

click the 'edit software sources' button and a new window pops up. Choose the 'authentication' tab and you'll see a button marked 'Import key file...'. Press that and voila!

Comment

I know that, hence me telling you in my post about the authentication tab...

It won't pick up text files when i choose to import files.

Comment

Sorry - didn't notice that.

Does your filename end in .pgp or .gpg? I think it will need to end in one of these, even if it's a plain text file.

Comment

Basically copy the text of the gpg file open kate and paste into it.

Then save as <relevant name> and manually give it the extension .gpg. It will then be recognised by your package manager.

Comment

I will try that next time, i am sure i tried one of them, probably the wrong one, was for trying out kde4.3 although it messed my system up so i've re-installed, i'm going to wait for the stable release heh.

Comment

Working...
            X