Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie accident plz help... we're good= (problem solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie accident plz help... we're good= (problem solved)

I've only used Kubuntu for a few hours and I accidentally deleted the window bar at the bottom of the screen. so whenever I minimize I can't get that window back... I've fiddled through the settings and haven't been able to get it back... would somebody be able to help me get it back?

what I mean is the bar at the bottom of the screen that shows how many windows i have up...

> <-- my kubuntu experience...

Re: Newbie accident plz help...

It isn't very difficult to get it back. It's a widget. So what u hav to do is right click on the desktop (alternatively u can click on the 'cashew' at the right top corner of ur desktop) then click on 'add widget'. You will get a "Add Widget" window. Search for 'Task Manager' and then u will get it back. If you didnt get all the other things like 'system tray', 'quick access', 'device notifier', 'Plasma dashboard etc. you can search and add each one.

Welcome to The team!!!

Cheers!!
    Sony Vaio VGN-NR160E/T<br />Kubuntu 9.04 KDE 4.3.00

Comment

Originally posted by jmann96

> <-- my kubuntu experience...

LOL -- cute!

OK, as baucha says, you right-click the "cashew", and choose "unlock widgets" first. If the menu items says "lock widgets", then that means they already are unlocked, so you need not change it. Click 'Add Widget" and scroll down the window as baucha says -- highlight the one you want, and click the "add" button at the bottom.

When you're finished, right-click the cashew again and "lock widgets" -- that will help keep things from mysteriously disappearing.

Comment

omg thanks you guys, I'm eternally greatful... and it didn't mysteriously disappear i thought i was getting rid of something else...

Comment

Working...
        X