This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version Upgrade Problems

My attempts to use Adept to upgrade from 8.04 to 9.04 kept quiting at the install package step. So I found some directions on how to upgrade from command line but once I started it turns out the directions were for upgrading servers. I ran sudo apt-get install update-manager-core and now my system settings options are all strange. Here are my questions now:

1. How do I undo what happened when I ran sudo apt-get install update-manager-core?

2. Assuming the above gets fixed, how do I run a version upgrade not using Adept so that it will actually finish?

Thanks for the help!!

Re: Version Upgrade Problems

My advice is to back your data up and do a fresh install of the new system. I had numerous problems with upgrading. I keep my data on a separate partition so it isn't really a big deal to do a fresh install.

Consider this a 'workaround'. I know it wasn't the answer you were looking for.

Comment

Re: Version Upgrade Problems

update-manager-core I think is a gnome app and is instaled on my system.......but I added gnome and some other window managers...........no matter assuming your ok uther than that do

Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      then
      Code:
      sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
      should work unless thars a repo you nead to add ? cant remember......I was adding things frome mediabuntu in 8.04 when a window poped up and sead a ditrobution upgrade was avalable and I took it all wint well for me but some havent ben so luckey

good luck

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
      X