X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash videos online are choppy

Hey,
    I just recently installed linux and i am having a problem with my flash I have 32-bit computer so i went to the Adobe website and got the .deb file. And I did this After using the command line to try to get flash which failed and i also tried moving libflashplayer.so into firefox and failed. The .deb worked for me, however the flash videos all come up choppy when the video's screen size is bigger. For example youtube on normal size works fine but at full screen it is choppy, and megavideo at normal size is choppy.

Any ideas on a fix?

Re: Flash videos online are choppy

The preferred approach to install software is from "repository". So instead of installing the .deb file, try this command at the terminal (without quotes):

"sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree"

I also experience choppy video for full screen youtube. I heard this may be a problem for those using Intel video chips.

Comment

It seemed to be bcos of the graphics driver. If you are using intel graphics driver then you should look into this post in ubuntuforums.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1130582

Very detailed and easy. Please follow the instructions carefully.

there is this small thing missing in that HOW TO for kubuntu users which is here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...4942#msg184942

Hope it helps.

Cheers!!
      Sony Vaio VGN-NR160E/T<br />Kubuntu 9.04 KDE 4.3.00

Comment

So I tried to use the link you gave me above and i followed the directions but it didn't help. And another thing I forgot to mention in my opening post was that when I go fullscreen on youtube the video keeps playing but everything else freezes. For example i cant click the escape button, the only way for me to quit fullscreen is to type ctrl alt del. I really need help with this Thanks in advanced.

Comment

If none of the recommendations works for you, try this simple workaround:
          Install mediaplayerconnectivity Firefox plugin and watch video in external programs like VLC.
          Maybe your graphics is too weak and no software solution will help you.
          Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

I like your Idea for the around by using the firefox addon, however i have firefox 3.5 and the addon is only compatible with 3.0. Any idea one how to downgrade?

Comment

I think you need to tell details about your hardware and OS like what graphics card/driver, whether it is jaunty or intrepid or hardy and likes.. then hopefully some expert can ponder upon your problem and help.

Cheers!!
              Sony Vaio VGN-NR160E/T<br />Kubuntu 9.04 KDE 4.3.00

Comment

I wouldn't recommend downgrade as I don't know if my workaround really helps you. I thought it would be worth only for simple try.
                Even if you didn't installed Firefox from repozitory, I think there is still a way to uninstall it using for example KPackagekit and install Firefox 3.0, which is standard in Jaunty repozitory.
                Following baucha's recommendation is maybe the best way.
                Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
                X