This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard wake issue

I am having an issue waking from suspend. I have a Logitech Illuminated keyboard. When I wake my computer the lights on the keyboard blink and it doesn't work. I have to push the power button to wake the machine, once its running the mouse works but the keyboard just keeps blinking. I am sure there is a setting I haven't activated but I am new to Linux and not quite sure what path to head down.

Any help is appreciated,

Re: Keyboard wake issue

Arrg. This should work with no special config. Could you give us hardware details? Thanks!

Comment

I have a Gigabyte Ep45t-UD3p motherboard, 6gb ddr3 ram, hitachi 320gb hd (boot drive), maxtor 250gb hd(storage drive), nvidia gtx9800 graphics card, intel core2 duo 3.16ghz, and an LG cd/dvdrw drive.

Thanks!

Like I said I'm new to this, I really like it and am having a blast with it. But these little creature comforts are important too...,

Comment

Ah ok, Intel Desktop; is the keyboard interface PS2 or USB? Needless to say, if you have another keyboard around it's worth the try.

Have you looked into the Keyboard settings in System Settings? Maybe paly with it? Particularly the "NumLock on KDE Startup Setting"?

Comment

I have numlock set to turn on when i log in, because I am always using it. The keyboard is usb, a logitech illuminated as I mentioned before. The mouse is also usb and works fine when it wakes from sleep. I'll play with some settings.

Thanks for your help,

Comment

My pleasure! It is possible that this is a bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...80/+bug/382123

Do you know what graphics driver you are using? This is in System -> Harware Drivers. Have you activated the NVIDIA binary graphics?

Comment

Yes I have activated the nVidia drivers.

Comment

Working...
              X