This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WINE on my Linux box [SOLVED]

I was just wondering how to get WINE to run on my Linux box. Do I need to download and install it or is there a code I can copy and paste into the Terminal? I have ubuntu 9.04
    Sorry for my n00b-ness I'm brand new to Linux.

Re: WINE on my Linux box

in konsole:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine
    you will need an internet connection.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

WOW! Thanks! That was very simple.

I have another question now.... I am trying to get Windows Live Messenger and I'm having trouble getting it installed. What is the proper way to install a downloaded program like Live Messenger?
      Sorry for my n00b-ness I&#39;m brand new to Linux.

Comment

a quick google search says that amsn will work. you can install that in the same manner as wine:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install amsn
        I don't use it, so I'm not sure how it works...let me know.

mm0
        Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Originally posted by echo((life))
          WOW! Thanks! That was very simple.

I have another question now.... I am trying to get Windows Live Messenger and I'm having trouble getting it installed. What is the proper way to install a downloaded program like Live Messenger?
          I use Kmess. I like it better than aMSN. You can find it here www.kmess.org or just...

Code:
          sudo apt-get install kmess
          Cheers!!
          Sony Vaio VGN-NR160E/T<br />Kubuntu 9.04 KDE 4.3.00

Comment

Working...
          X