This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching to Kubuntu

Ok, so I have Kubuntu on a partition on my HDD. And I have a problem.

The partition is only 19.19GB and I am unable to increase the size or decrease the size of the Vista partition. I have gone into disk management in Vista but no matter how much space I free up there is never any extra shrink size available.

I realise this may not be the best place for this but I've searched and there's no answers as far as I can tell.

Thanks.
    Kubuntut, Lord of Getting Everything Wrong.<br /><br />Excuse my n00bness!

Re: Switching to Kubuntu

I have no experience with Vista.
    This fairly comprehensive how-to may have the details you need regarding the Vista partitioning facility:

Vista *** The definitive dual-booting guide: Linux, Vista, XP, and 7 step-by-step
    http://apcmag.com/dualboot
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike
      I have no experience with Vista.
      This fairly comprehensive how-to may have the details you need regarding the Vista partitioning facility:

Vista *** The definitive dual-booting guide: Linux, Vista, XP, and 7 step-by-step
      http://apcmag.com/dualboot
      Thanks

Comment

Kubuntut, Lord of Getting Everything Wrong.

No self-esteem issues there. Nope, definitely not.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
          Kubuntut, Lord of Getting Everything Wrong.

No self-esteem issues there. Nope, definitely not.
          Well it's true! On my last PC when I tried to partition the HDD all the fans in the box stopped working. I don't know how it happened.

Oh, I just had success (woo!) in shrinking my Vista partition by 17Gig. Not much but I wanted to test my skillez.

Woot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubuntut
            Well it's true! On my last PC when I tried to partition the HDD all the fans in the box stopped working. I don't know how it happened.
            Computers and cars are somewhat alike. You take your car in to have the brakes replaced and on the way home your radiator blows a leak. Out of ignorance many folks would complain that the brake job caused the leak and would want the leak repaired for free. The "Click and clack" brothers would have a field day with this kind of call-in.

Your fan probably quit because it was "its time".

Oh, I just had success (woo!) in shrinking my Vista partition by 17Gig. Not much but I wanted to test my skillez.

Woot.
            Way to go!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X