X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing multiple photos on 8.5x11 sheet

Hello,

Just switched to Kubuntu 9.04 a few months back from M$ XP and have worked through most speed bumps and have been very happy, but now I'm on to some of the smaller issues. Back in the XP world I could open any .jpg in a simple viewer that was default with the OS. Similar to Gwenview. But unlike Gwenview, if I selected print it would give me the option to print that photo or others in the same directory at standard sizes (ie 3x5, 4x6...) on a regular 8.5x11 sheet. So if I wanted 3x5s, it would automatically scale, crop, rotate and place up to 4 photos on the 1 sheet. Could get 3 photos of 4x6, 9 of 2x3 wallets, etc...

So is there something similar in the KDE world or an app that I could use under wine? I know there are a lot of larger full feature apps out there, but most really don't spec this and a smaller app might work better. Any suggestions? Thanks,

John...........

Re: Printing multiple photos on 8.5x11 sheet

digiKam is an excellent photo organizer. There is a "Print Assistant..." option under the "Image" menu that will print multiple photos on a single page.

Comment

The Print Assistant option is not there unless you install KIPI plugins.

KIPI plugins (KDE Image Plugin Interface) provides a common plugin structure for digiKam, KPhotoAlbum, Showimg, and Gwenview. Install:

sudo apt-get install kipi-plugins

More info:

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/PhotoPrinting

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
      and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Working...
      X