X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Gnome Icon in KDE - curious...

Hi,

Okay I installed a brand new Kubuntu 9.04 with KDE 4.2.2 and so far very impressed (but KPackageKit seem klunky). Congratulations to canonical and KDE for some really great work. I'm curious though, about one thing. Why is there a gnome icon in the top right corner of the desktop...?

Now, no problems with Gnome. But it's interesting. Is there some GTK toolkit running here?

[img width=400 height=248]http://northernocean.net/etc/kubuntu_forums/20090629_gnomekde.png[/img]
    Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad R52, Kubuntu 9.04 (KDE)<br />Desktop: Lenovo Thinkcentre, Fedora 13 (Gnome)

Re: Gnome Icon in KDE - curious...

Thats not a gnome icon. This is a Plasma icon (plasma.kde.org)

Gnome is different:

Comment

and it is also called "cashew"

> Re: Jaunty Release Schedule, Plans, KDE 4.2 - FINAL >> Plasma (KDE 4.2 ) FAQ:
      What are the "cashews"?

What is commonly referred as "cashew" is the Plasma logo you can find on the default desktop, on the upper right corner, and on the panel, on the right hand side (left hand side if you use a Right-To-Left language). By clicking on them, you can access other configuration options, such as panel configuration and the Zooming User Interface (ZUI). Some of these, like the panel cashew, only appear if the widgets aren't locked (see below)....

Removing (if you don't need it) > I HATE the Cashew - Plasmoid Binary
      Usage: Add the plasmoid to the desktop - cashew's gone. Remove the plasmoid - chashew reappears.
      and same thing as a .deb package from a PPA /1/ repository > Package name contains: cashew

/1/ FAQ: Repositories
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Ah, thanks jurco, rog. I'm straight now! 8)

Alex
        Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad R52, Kubuntu 9.04 (KDE)<br />Desktop: Lenovo Thinkcentre, Fedora 13 (Gnome)

Comment

Working...
        X