This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretching desktop to TV.

I'm quite new to Linux (only had it on a server before for small web hosting) and i just installed kubuntu. The problem I am experiencing since I am a old windows user is when i connect my TV via S-VIDEO cables i can only "clone" the monitor onto the TV which looks horrible since the TV only accepts 1024x768 and i have 1280x800 on my laptop. All the videos i try to play look really bad and i can't get it to work. Is there some way to "stretch" the screen as in windows to get a separate resolution for the TV so that the videos look better?

The only option that I found was the one in the system manager where the picture was cloned.

Re: Stretching desktop to TV.

Yes, you can extend the desktop and use a different resolution. How easy depends on your video card. Before help can be given we need to know your video card brand and model.

In the absence of any driver-specific configuration tools, you can take control and edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. A lot of users are scared to edit this file, don't be, it's not daunting if you take the time to read the man page for xorg.conf and understand the file format. Don't touch it if you don't know what you are doing. You can also experiment with the xrandr command-line tool.
    linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

Re: Stretching desktop to TV.

My graphics card in my HP Pavilion dv4000 is:

Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller

How should i proceed?

Comment

Working...
      X